Yes, here it is. THE recipe! I don’t care who you are or what you are… You will love these wings!!! My darling husband makes these when we have get togethers. Everyone loves them! You will not go wrong if you makes these! They are requested over and over again when we invite people over. Yes, they are that freaking good!!! He usually marinates these but it depends on how much time we have. If you need some not so hot just dip those less. It’s all up to you!
- 3 pounds chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- In a large pot, mix together the hot sauce, cola, cayenne pepper, black pepper and soy sauce. Add the wings to the sauce – frozen is okay. Place the pot to one side of the grill, so the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Use tongs to fish wings out of the sauce, and place them on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes. Then return to the sauce to simmer. Repeat this process for about 50 minutes. The sauce will thicken. When the chicken is tender and pulls easily off of the bone, you have two options. You can dip one last time and serve for sloppy style wings, or serve right off the grill for dryer wings.